- 1 How do you calculate specific fuel consumption?
- 2 What is specific fuel consumption of diesel?
- 3 How do you calculate oil consumption?
- 4 How do I reduce Sfoc?
- 5 Why is specific fuel consumption important?
- 6 What affects specific fuel consumption?
- 7 What causes high fuel consumption in diesel engines?
- 8 How do you calculate diesel?
- 9 How is diesel engine fuel consumption calculated?
- 10 How do you fix excessive oil consumption?
- 11 What is acceptable oil consumption?
- 12 How much edible oil consumption is normal?
- 13 What is the most fuel efficient ship?
- 14 How much fuel could be saved by building a bulb bow?
- 15 How can fuel consumption be reduced by ships?
How do you calculate specific fuel consumption?
- Formula To Estimate Maximum Engine Fuel Consumption. Gallon Per Hour (GPH) = (specific fuel consumption x HP)/Fuel Specific Weight.
- 300-hp Diesel Engine Example. GPH = (0.4 x 300)/ 7.2 = 105/7.2 = 16.6 GPH.
- 300-hp Gasoline Engine Example. GPH = (0.50 x 300)/ 6.1 = 150/6.1 = 24.5 GPH.
- Other Related Resources:
What is specific fuel consumption of diesel?
The specific fuel consumption of an engine is the rate of fuel burnt to produce a unit of thrust. Improvements in fuel efficiency mean that the specific fuel consumption per kilometer driven decreased by more than 30 percent.
How do you calculate oil consumption?
So if you calculate with 10 litres of fuel consumption per 100 kilometres for a sporty car, 100 litres of fuel are needed for 1000 kilometres. 0.05% of 100 litres results in 50 ml oil consumption for 1000 kilometres. This calculation can be adapted accordingly with other values.
How do I reduce Sfoc?
Engine control tuning Two different service optimisation possibilities are available: part-load optimisation reduces SFOC at all loads below about 85% compared with a standard-tuned engine; and low-load optimisation reduces SFOC at all loads below about 70%, at the expense of higher SFOC at higher load.
Why is specific fuel consumption important?
But the amount of fuel used to generate that thrust is sometimes more important, because the airplane has to lift and carry the fuel throughout the flight. Engineers use an efficiency factor, called thrust specific fuel consumption, to characterize an engine’s fuel efficiency.
What affects specific fuel consumption?
SFC varies with throttle setting, altitude, climate. For jet engines, air flight speed is an important factor too. Air flight speed counteracts the jet’s exhaust speed.
What causes high fuel consumption in diesel engines?
This bad habit is threefold – driving too fast, accelerating too quickly, and stopping too suddenly. All three of these actions lead to high fuel consumption. Where possible, you should accelerate slowly and drive with the speed of traffic.
How do you calculate diesel?
Fill the tank again and note the number of litres put in. Divide the number of miles driven by the amount of fuel used in litres (miles per litre) How To Calculate Your Fuel Consumption
- Your mileage since the last fill.
- The number of litres of fuel you put in.
- The cost per litre of fuel.
How is diesel engine fuel consumption calculated?
The well-known method to theoretically evaluate automobile fuel consumption QS at normal movement (in l(100 km)-1) uses the following formula [1, 2, 3, 7] QS = ge Pe / 36 ρf V, (1) where ge – specific fuel consumption by free-piston engine in calculated movement mode, g(kW*h)-1; Pe – power taken from the crankshaft of
How do you fix excessive oil consumption?
There are several ways to potentially reduce your engine oil consumption. If the cause of the high engine oil consumption is a leak around the piston rings, you may be able to have your piston rings replaced in order to prevent future leaks. Replacing the valve seals may also help to fix oil leaks.
What is acceptable oil consumption?
The majority of manufacturers consider one quart of oil in the range of 1,500 miles to be acceptable. This is the primary cause of normal oil consumption in most properly-serviced vehicles. Another change that has affected oil consumption is the move to lighter motor oil.
How much edible oil consumption is normal?
An average fat intake of 29 grams per person per day is enough to meet the nutritional requirements of Indians, which translates into an annual vegetable oil requirement of 10.585kg per person.
What is the most fuel efficient ship?
The Triple-E is the world’s largest and most efficient vessel. The vessel reduces emissions and fuel consumption through the combination of its two engines, efficient shape and an advanced waste heat recovery system.
How much fuel could be saved by building a bulb bow?
Bulbous bow can help to reduce a ship’s resistance and thus to save the fuel consumption up to 15%, however, it is also regarded as a threat to a struck ship in collision accidents because it may generally penetrate the side shell of the vessel, which may cause the leakage of hazardous goods.
How can fuel consumption be reduced by ships?
Reduce Fuel Usage
- Perform routine engine maintenance.
- Check your propeller (prop).
- Maintain the bottom of your vessel.
- Install a fuel flow meter.
- Plan ahead.
- Decrease extra weight onboard.
- Operate your vessel at a fuel-effiecent engine RPM to decrease fuel consumption, reduce emissions and save money.