- 1 What is the operating principle of a fuel oil purifier?
- 2 What is the use of fuel oil purifier?
- 3 What is fuel oil purifier?
- 4 Why back pressure is maintained in purifier?
- 5 What is friction clutch in purifier?
- 6 What is back pressure of purifier?
- 7 What are the points to check before starting the purifier?
- 8 What are the parts of fuel oil purifier?
- 9 What is top disc in purifier?
- 10 What is difference between purifier and clarifier?
- 11 How do you separate liquid impurities from fuel?
- 12 What is sealing water in purifier?
- 13 What is the reason if the purifier speed is low?
What is the operating principle of a fuel oil purifier?
The centrifugal purifier uses the principle of density difference to separate water and other contaminants from oil mixture. While the separating force of these mixtures under gravity separation is defined by formula Fs = ∏/6*D3*(ρw-ρo)*g.
What is the use of fuel oil purifier?
Treatment of fuel oils and lubricating oils: Both fuel oils and lubricating oils require treatment before passing to the engine. The separation of impurities and water from fuel oil is essential for good combustion.
What is fuel oil purifier?
A high-speed centrifugal purifier is installed on a ship to get rid of the unwanted contaminants and pollutants from the lube oil. On ships, separate marine purifiers are used for fuel and lube oil. Lube oil is purified only through centrifugation while the fuel oil uses both centrifugation and gravity separation. 6
Why back pressure is maintained in purifier?
Back Pressure: The back pressure should be adjusted after the purifier is started. The back pressure varies as the temperature, density, viscosity of feed oil inlet varies. The back pressure ensures that the oil paring disc is immersed in the clean oil on the way of pumping to the clean oil tank.
What is friction clutch in purifier?
Purifier Drive: FRICTION CLUTCH ARRANGEMENT. It consist of a Friction Drum mounted on the horizontal shaft. 3 Friction Pads are mounted on the motor shaft, which are contained within the Friction Drum. Friction pads have a curved surface with Ferodo lining.
What is back pressure of purifier?
A pressure downstream (outlet side) of the filter that creates resistance to flow of liquid or gas. This can result from closing a valve or entrapped air in a liquid system. This can also result from gradual blocking of the filter during use or to the resistance to flow caused by the filter itself.
What are the points to check before starting the purifier?
1. Check Oil Level in the Purifier Gear Case – Don’t forget to check the level of the oil in the purifier gear case before starting the purifier. If the oil is not up to the required level, insufficient lubrication will damage the gears and other rotating parts (shaft, bearings etc.) in the purifier gearcase.
What are the parts of fuel oil purifier?
The main component of purifier is correct size gravity disc or dam ring which is responsible for creating an interface between the oil and water. 2) Clarifier: When a centrifugal is arranged to remove only impurities and a small amount of water, it is called as the clarifier.
What is top disc in purifier?
Gravity disc which determines the interface between the two liquids is present in purifier whereas there is no gravity disc in a clarifier, instead there is a discharge collar which seals water outlet. A top disc with neck separates the oil and water passage in purifier.
What is difference between purifier and clarifier?
The key difference between purifier and clarifier is that the purifier consists of a dam ring to create a line of separation between fuel and water whereas the clarifier consists of a sealing ring to prevent the fuel tank from water and dissolved impurities.
How do you separate liquid impurities from fuel?
Mechanical separation of solid contaminants from oil systems (fuel and lubricating) is achieved by the use of filters and strainers. A strainer is usually a coarse filter to remove the larger contaminating particles. Both are arranged as full flow units, usually mounted in pairs (duplex) with one as a standby..
What is sealing water in purifier?
Why need sealing water? To seal the water outlet & to prevent the overflow of oil from the water outlet.
What is the reason if the purifier speed is low?
Reasons for the bowl speed low or purifier not getting the desired RPM are: Belt is slipping (if belt drive) Worn out gear system (if gear system) Bearing damaged.